Watched Pretty in Pink the other night with #3. Takeaways:
- James Spader – wow
- #3: “Hey, that girl (Molly Ringwald) is on Secret Life of American Teenager. She’s old.” Me: “Wha-??? She’s MY age.” #3: smiles
- Andrew McCarthy has a tiny mouth and does not move it when he talks.
- Note to self: show #3 pictures of James Spader from Pretty in Pink AND from Boston Legal. Discuss.
- Me, to #3 and #2 who has walked in: “You recognize Ducky, don’t you? Well, don’t you? He sounds exactly the same.” #2 and #3, after listening and watching intently: “We give up.” Me: “He’s on Two and a Half Men – Charlie Sheen’s brother.” #2 and #3: “No, that’s not him.”
- #3: “Mom, tell me everyone in this movie that’s in the bratty bunch.” Me: “You mean the brat pack.” #3: “Whatever, same thing.”
- What is up with the creepy stare Andrew McCarthy does when he’s being intense? Is that some kind of method acting?
- Loving the music! Kids are unimpressed. I tell them I had this TAPE and listened to it non-stop. Even less impressed.
- Still a classic!